Benefit counselors are professional individuals with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who focus on educating and empowering employees to make educated benefit decisions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote through education our Colonial Life product portfolio to various businesses
- Acquire a broad knowledge of Colonial Life’s group and individual voluntary product portfolio and service offerings and how to position to employees
- Develop and build relationships with other district representatives to function as part of a team
- May be requested to communicate employer sponsored benefits during open enrollment.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Strong ability to influence and persuade
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with very minimal supervision
- Highly energized, motivated self-starter who thrives on a challenge and in a fast-paced environment
- Goal and results oriented
- Demonstrate a “can-do” spirit, a sense of optimism and excitement, ownership and commitment/loyalty
- Strong overall health insurance proficiency is necessary
- Strong overall computer skill including knowledge of Microsoft office – Excel in particular
- Life and health license required (but can be obtained through Colonial Life)
If this sounds like something you want to learn more about, we’d love to speak with you about these opportunities. This is an independent contractor position which allows you the opportunity to be in business for yourself, but not by yourself. Contact Nick Cusmano at 443-350-7983 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All individuals must be authorized to work in the United States.
©2021 Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company.
Colonial Life insurance products are underwritten by Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company, for which Colonial Life is the marketing brand.