Why should you join the team at the Cecil County Chamber of Commerce?
Strong Chambers make strong communities. The Cecil County Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit organization made up of more than 400 of the best businesses in our region. We are best known for providing networking opportunities through 70-plus events each year. We also serve as the voice of business for Cecil County, advocating for our members at the state and local level. The Cecil County Chamber team works hard every day to make Cecil County the best possible place to live, work and play.
We are looking for a full-time Director of Member Services to help fill the needs of our existing member businesses and to recruit new members. The position offers a base salary and sales commissions. Approximately 50-perent of the Director’s time is spent in the office on administrative tasks and 50-percent outside the office visiting members, promoting the Chamber to prospective members, and networking.
- Maintain current knowledge of existing Chamber programs and services
- Assist existing members with their accounts, online member pages, and other questions
- Generate leads, develop prospects, solicit memberships
- Conduct member benefits reviews
- Assist other Chamber team members with events and special programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in sales, preferably in a business-to-business or membership-based environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to perform all activities while maintaining confidentiality
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail (preferably Outlook); experience in database management
It is the policy of the Cecil County Chamber of Commerce to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.