Please join us for our beach fun theme of the night and the induction of our new leadership members.
At a Greater Elkton Area Toastmasters (GrEAT) meeting, members learn how to:
• Plan and conduct meetings
• Give impromptu speeches
• Present prepared speeches
• Take on leadership roles
• Give constructive evaluations
Our meetings are broken into three parts
1. Prepared Speeches – we typically have 3-4 speakers per night
2. Impromptu Speeches - this is where we play a game called Table Topics which helps you practice speaking without preparation
3. Evaluations – members have an opportunity to improve their speaking skills by receiving helpful feedback from other members
Becoming a good speaker or a great leader takes practice and here at Greater Elkton Area Toastmasters is where you have a chance to practice in a fun and safe environment. We hope you take the opportunity.