Starting a Business
Starting your own business can be exhilarating…and intimidating.
The Cecil County Chamber of Commerce is proud to be part of the Cecil Business Resource Partners (CBRP), a partnership of local business organizations dedicated to providing the assistance you need to start your new business.
The CBRP team can provide valuable information on a variety of topics, such as business concepts, funding, marketing, exporting, employee benefits and professional referrals.
A complete list of CBRP partners can be found below.
When you’re ready to take that first step, contact the Chamber Office. We will help you, brainstorm with you, and – when you’re ready - introduce you to these specialists.
To help you get started, we offer the following twelve key items that every start-up business owner needs to work on, prior to meeting your very first client.
CONTACT THE CHAMBER OFFICE
- Create a business plan
- Seek advice from qualified professionals
- Acquire strong financial support: funding and services
- Study the market
- Insure against loss
- Find the right location and arrange for utilities
- Obtain licenses and permits
- Know about taxes and pay them on time
- Hire and train qualified employees
- Promote your business
- Serve the community
- Understand the benefits of joining the Chamber of Commerce