Informational Training Webinar:
“From Staffer to Supervisor –
Making the Transition”
November 29, 2 PM
Supervisors represent an important force in your organization and ultimately in the Cecil County economy itself. They have the power to turn on or turn off the productivity of the people who report to them. They are the crucial interface between the employee on the shop floor or the service desk and the managers of the organization. They are the source from which future mid- and upper- level leaders are developed.
Although they usually have more technical experience than the employees they supervise, they may not have the leadership and management skills crucial to their success. This can result in poor customer relations, high employee turnover and ultimately a negative impact to the bottom line.
Strategic Diagnostics, a new Chamber of Commerce member, is piloting a new regional training program for new and current first line supervisors. The training is designed to be delivered over 6-8 weeks and consists of a combination of in-person and video training sessions. More importantly, this program qualifies for local scholarship funds.
In this training, participants will learn how to:
- Make the transition to First-Line Supervisor
- Learn the roles of the supervisor and the skills essential to success
- Understand the communication process and develop better communication skills
- Develop, coach and manage their people
- Understand the fundamentals of team performance and build an effective team
- Motivate their people to get the work done
- Supervise in a changing environment
- Ensure their success and re-evaluate their confidence level
Strategic Diagnostics invites all members interested in learning more about this program to register for a FREE informational training webinar on Tuesday, November 29 at 2 PM. Please register here: