We are the nation’s largest producer of carbon-free energy and a leading competitive retail supplier of power and energy products and services for homes and businesses across the United States. Headquartered in Baltimore, our generation fleet produces enough energy to power 15 million homes and is helping to accelerate the nation’s transition to clean energy with more than 32,400 megawatts of capacity and annual output that is 90 percent carbon-free.
Already the lowest carbon emitter of any major investor-owned U.S. generator, we have set a goal to eliminate 100 percent of our greenhouse gas emissions by leveraging innovative technology and enhancing our diverse mix of hydro, wind and solar resources, paired with the nation’s largest carbon-free nuclear fleet.
Our family of retail businesses serves approximately 2 million residential, public sector and business customers, including three-fourths of the Fortune 100. We are helping these customers reach their own climate goals through innovative clean energy solutions, including an upcoming, new Hourly Carbon-Free Energy Matching product.
To further advance the fight against the climate crisis and accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future, we have set own ambitious climate goals, including:
95% carbon-free electricity by 2030
100% carbon-free electricity by 2040
100% reduction of operations-driven emissions by 2040
Providing 100 percent of our business customers with customized data to help them reduce their own carbon footprints.
As we work towards these goals, we will continue to serve as a leading supporter of
- Maryland’s largest source of renewable electricity, producing more clean energy than all other sources combined.
- Conowingo’s power is 24/7 and can respond to changes in demand and supply extra energy to the grid within 10 minutes.
- Constellation does more than any other private entity to protect the Susquehanna River and the Chesapeake Bay.
- Continued removal of 600 tons of upstream debris annually and ongoing efforts to address debris accumulation.
Whom to Contact
- Janna JacksonManager, Local Government Affairs2569 Shures Landing Rd.Darlington, MD 21034